NAHA’s mission is to advance the knowledge of the medicinal use of aromatic plants and essential oils to its fullest extent and to support aromatherapy as a truly holistic professional art and science.
NAHA will be the leader in promoting and elevating holistic aromatherapy through the active dissemination of educational material to the general public, trade/professional associations, business owners, the media, and practitioners.
- Promote and disseminate aromatherapy education to the public.
- Encourage the development of high standards of education that promote well-trained professional aromatherapy practitioners.
- Promote and increase awareness of issues surrounding aromatic plant sustainability.
- Strengthen the network of support and communication between aromatherapy practitioners and business owners nationally and internationally.
- Foster high standards of ethics and integrity in the education and the practice of clinical/holistic aromatherapy.
- Promote cooperation between clinical/holistic aromatherapy practitioners and other health care providers.
NAHA – The National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy is a 501(c)3 member based non-profit association devoted to the holistic integration and education of aromatherapy into a wide range of complementary healthcare practices including self care and home pharmacy. We offer scientific, empirical and current information about aromatherapy and essential oils to the public, practitioners, businesses, product designers, bloggers/writers, educators, healthcare professionals, and the media.
NAHA is actively involved with promoting and elevating academic standards in aromatherapy education and practice standards for the profession. NAHA is also devoted to increasing the publics’ knowledge and understanding of aromatherapy and its safe and effective application in everyday life.